City of London, London
£70000.00 - £750000.00 per annum + £5k travel allowance
28 days ago
1st Step Solutions are urgently seeking to recruit a qualified Senior Mechanical Project Manager in Central London on a permanent basis.
* Effectively and professionally oversee and control the day to day management of projects in excess of £10M to make a profit by delivering within budget and programme to exceed the satisfaction of the client, and associated directors.
* The day to day effective management of the project team of engineers and site operatives.
* The management of the client, any principle contractor and other trade contractors on the project.
* Lead team meetings.
* Delivering the design / working drawings necessary to deliver the project and ensure to capture any additional costs and programme delays caused by external influences on their production.
* Delegation of activities within the project team.
* Management of the procurement process.
* Project reporting to client
* Promote and drive health and safety.
* Project reporting to directors.
* Manage installation and commissioning activities.
* Handover documentation.
* Management and controlling subcontractors.
* Cost control. Liaising with project surveyor to produce the monthly PFR report.
* Quality control.
* Risk control. (programme and commercial)
* Management of complicated projects, large and multiple packages with complex programmes.
* Building and maintaining relationships with clients.
* Be able to carry out any activity expected from a project engineer.
* Monthly PFR meeting attendance.
Knowledge & Experience:
* A proven track record as a project manager.
* Supervision of project engineers and the site management.
* Ability to build and lead a team.
* Knowledge of current construction practices and safety on site.
* Management of the client, setting expectations and delivering to them.
* Have a good understanding of BIM technologies and how they are used in construction
* Organising interim claims and variations to the account.
* Full control and supervision of subcontractors.
* Attendance at client and contractor meetings.
* Ensuring completion deadlines are achieved.
* Ensuring financial targets are achieved.
* Interviewing subcontractors and assessing their suitability.
* Implementing QC procedures including thorough document control and sign off procedures.
* Utilising photographic evidence attached to the above documents.
* Have a good understanding of JCT and NEC contracts
* Have an excellent knowledge of the engineering fundamentals of their specialist discipline, i.e. Mechanical or Electrical.
* Have a good understanding of the engineering fundamentals of the other specialist disciplines involved in building services, i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health, Fire Protection, etc.
* Have a good understanding of the fundamentals of other specialist trades involved in building works such as steelwork, builders work, internal fit-out trades, etc.
* Good negotiator.
* Be a good and fair team leader. Maintain the respect of your team.
* Customer focussed.
* Problem solver.
* Has communication skills at all levels.
* Team player.
* Able to resolve disputes.
* Calm and measured under pressure.
* Commercially astute.
* Able to evaluate a tender return
* Ability to prioritise
* Ability to set tasks and evaluate results of the engineering team under direct control
* Ability to evaluate and make decisions
* Good negotiator
* Good understanding of contract law
* Cost control
* Good time management
* Dedicated and committed
* GCSE or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics
* HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering
* 5 years of project manager experience
* CSCS card
* Proficient user of Microsoft Office
* Use ASTA for programming