28 days ago
1st Step Solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading M&E Contractor who have an opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Project Manager to join their team in London. The work will cover various new build residential projects. Our client are M&E and Fit Out specialists that deliver super-prime new build residential properties across London.
To provide Mechanical project management with regards to the company's resources to achieve a successful outcome, technically, commercially, safely and to the client's satisfaction on the project.
* To manage all Engineering Services activities in line with the programme.
* To manage the resources on the project on a day to day basis and to report any staff issues as appropriate.
* Manage project commercial issues and cost reporting.
* To identify the clients requirements and ensure these are delivered to the clients' satisfaction.
* Represent the company on any internal or external issues.
* Prepare detailed plans and procedures to administer the project and ensure the project team are familiar with and follow these guidelines.
* To manage all project reporting is provided upstream and downstream on a timely manner.
* Regularly audit the project to ensure compliance.
* Communicate with the project team regularly on project specific matters and company initiatives.
* To manage the project cash flow is positive throughout the life of the project.
* To manage procurement and achieve best value for Engineering Services.
* Identify all risks and manage actions and implementation to mitigate such risks.
* Mechanical project management experience
* Managing a project team to reach completion within budget and to programme.
* Programme production and management.
* Interpret the requirements of the specification.
* Resolve any technical queries during the contract.
* Managing procurement, labour, sub-contractors and assist in managing variation accounts
* Assisting in preparing monthly applications.
* Construction management and liaising with supervision team.
* Site operations - installation and commissioning.
* Maintaining good working relationships with the client and professional team.
* Controlling contract costs and variations.
* Value engineering projects to create cost savings.
* Co-ordinating electrical services installations.
* All health and safety requirements during the contract including compiling method statements and risk assessments.
* Compilation and presentation of Operating & Maintenance Manuals.
* Experience of managing projects up to £15m
* New build residential experience
Skills and Qualifications:
* HNC/HND Building Services qualification or above
* CSCS Manager Card