£50000 - £55000 per annum
9 months ago
Award-winning multi-disciplinary design company based in Middlesex is looking to add a Senior Project Architect to their team !
Our client offers services in the residential sector high-end residential (private/show home) and developer clients, with experiences in other sectors of the industry. A full Design and Build Service is also provided by should a project merit this
Due to expansion an opportunity has arisen for an RIBA Qualified / ARB Registered Experienced Senior Architect/Job Runner to work at their private practice as part of a successful and dynamic team. We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and experienced candidate with a minimum of 5 years' post qualification experience with sound knowledge of planning stage and drafting working drawing packages to comprise detailing drawings for building regulations, tender and contract administrator duties during works on site to completion.
A requirement for a technical RIBA qualified Architect with sound knowledge of current Planning and Building Regulations with job running and Contract Administration experience to assist the Director of Architecture in managing and running projects. To lead and be part of the team for delivering private residential and luxury developer client projects from concept stage, through the detailed design stage to completion in accordance with the client's brief and within the time scales given.
As the position will be of key importance within the practice, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organise their workload to essentially produce production information to comprise Building Regulations and tender drawing packages with Contract Administration during works on site in a and produce in a timely manner.
Good communication skills are a must and coupled with sound technical knowledge of the construction processes.
* Required to deal with all RIBA work stages in taking briefs and drafting proposals at initial stages of planning and to draft drawings and lodge planning applications.
* Dealing with planners and planning issues
* Draft building regulations, tender and construction drawings to comprise GA's plans sections and elevations with construction details and full coordination of Architects' drawings with the M&E, Structural and other consultants' drawings.
* This is a client facing role - excellent presentation and communication skills are essential.
* To oversee other technical staff and mentor as required.
* Contract Administrator / job-running and site experience is essential.
* Undertake client appointments and site visits
* Thinking creatively to contribute/produce new ideas for projects alongside the team
* Work and assist on multiple projects at one time.
* Revit experience is preferred- to work on high end residential projects, single dwellings and multi-unit developments.
* Must be RIBA / ARB UK qualified with minimum 5+ years' experience with the majority of post qualification experience in the UK.
* Sound knowledge of planning design and drafting working drawing packages to comprise detailing drawings for building regulations, tender and construction purpose is paramount.
* Contract Administration duties to assist the Architect Director in running and managing projects.
* Relevant experience in bespoke design, residential & refurbishment for high-end domestic projects in the UK
* Must be proficient in AutoCAD whilst experience in REVIT is also a distinct advantage
* Well-presented and personable, with excellent communication and organisational skills
* Team-spirited with a bright & confident personality
* Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, multi-task and manage own workflow to ensure deadlines are met
* Excellent Communication skills are paramount.
* Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
* IT literate, proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
* Numerate, able to make accurate calculations with attention to detail
* Full UK Driving licence and car is essential
Salary & Benefits
* Salary subject to experience: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
* Staff discount scheme
* Company Pension scheme
* 4 weeks paid holiday plus all public holidays