City of London, London
6 months ago
Currently recruiting for experienced Senior Project Engineers in London to join one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK
The Senior Project Engineer will have experience of running projects to the value of £10Million OR Section / System on a major project. They will have background in Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) and proven accountability for their projects.
- H&S - Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout all activities relating to the project on which they are working.
- Pre-Commencement - Participate and positively contribute to all the current pre-commencement/focus win company procedures for a project that has been allocated to the jobholder for execution and completion, to ensure that the company liabilities and risks on the project are minimised, fully adhering to the Delegated Authorities Matrix and Project Log requirements
- Re-Engineering - Review and evaluate the project works required by the specification and drawings, and re-engineer the installations and systems to ensure the precise provision of the customer's requirements, and enhanced profitability for the company.
- Compliance - Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedure and external legislation governing business operations.
- Relationships with customers - Maintaining positive relationships with the project customer through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability.
- Sub-Contractor management - Monitor and ensure that the work of the appointed specialist sub-contractors is being carried out to specification and programme.
- Completion of projects - Manage the successful completion of the project/area under control in line with agreed quality and commercial plans to achieve targets within agreed timescales and cost constraints.
- Technical - Ensuring design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements
- Team Leadership - Managing a small team on the project to maximise the potential of the team whilst ensuring team objectives are met.
- Significant building services engineering experience in a construction environment.
- Industry recognised trade or professional qualification.
- Significant experience as a Project Engineer
Progression is something valued within the company and they will make sure that when you join you will have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.