Grand Forks, North Dakota
2 months ago
While our client is better known as a building construction company for larger projects, such as airport construction, convention centers, hotels, sports facilities and office towers, the organization also excels at smaller unique projects, such as building renovations, restorations, and repairs.
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager with healthcare experience to join our extraordinary project team in Grand Forks, ND, building a new state-of-the-art Hospital. The Senior PM will be part of a growing regional team in North Dakota and have access to the resources, support, and benefits of working within a large General Contractor.
* Serve as client manager, building strong client relationships and overall client satisfaction
* Maintain excellent relationship with client, architect, consultants, subcontractors, and
* Provide proactive leadership for project performance, monitoring of schedule, costs,
equipment, manpower, materials, equipment maintenance, safety and environment, quality
control, and other company programs.
* Liaison with authorities and regulatory agencies.
* Establish project reporting procedure.
* Develop and monitor the project schedule and budget.
* Establish construction plans and engineering methods.
* Negotiate issues of subcontracts and major purchase orders.
* Assist in all aspects of project planning.
* Ensure project safety standards and environmental programs are always adhered t.o
* Ensure project quality standards are always adhered to .
* Understand and enforce contractual responsibilities, contract documents and provide
* Handle all change orders, including negotiating, processing and assessing cost and
* Prepare/verify and monitor progress billings to owner and from subcontractor
* Review productivity planning and monitoring
* Provide performance status reports regarding cost forecasts, schedule, quality, and safety
* Supervise, mentor, coach, and train project personnel
* Acts as company ambassador, attending industry and community functions
* Ensure project profitability
* Engage in all facets of project close-out
* Lead proposal / major pursuit efforts to secure new work and pursue new clients/projects
* Other duties as appropriately assigned
* Degree in construction management, construction engineering, or similar degree
applicable to the construction industry
* 10+ years of proven experience in construction project management from project pursuit to
project close-out, overseeing large and complex commercial construction projects
* 5+ years of relevant healthcare construction project experience
* Understanding of healthcare construction best practices, infection control measures,
interim life safety measures and applicable code requirements
* An ASHE or AHA certification is preferred
* Knowledge of different construction methods and ability to solve problems related to
construction, sequencing, timelines, and staffing
* Familiar with project management software programs
* Ability to understand and employ engineering/construction plans/specifications, methods
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including
owners, other managers, designers, supervisors, and trades people
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* This position is based at our office/projects located in Grand Forks, ND
* Work may be required outside normal business hours and on weekends