South West Recruitment Team
3 months ago
1st Step Solutions (M&E Recruitment Specialists)
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a national PLC company for the following role.
Required: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Contract status: Permanent & full time
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will work alongside the Contract Delivery Team to ensure the contractual control, cost management, profitability and cash management of projects. The Senior Quantity Surveyor role offers long term stability and varied project opportunities across Major Capital, MEICA Capital & Minor Works and other external clients, predominantly in the water industry.
The employer work in partnership and collaboration with customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Their specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants. Providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover. Their Water business provides 'Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking' across projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring they are supporting customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. They currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Attend internal and client commercial review meetings.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome the employer.
- Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Management of all project costs which may include the clients.
- Working within client databases for forecasting and change management.
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and Framework KPI's.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met
The experience the employer is looking for in a candidate
- Contracting background (Engineering)
- Full working knowledge of the NEC3/4 suite of contracts
- Understanding Contractual clauses and identifying risk/onerous conditions prior to engaging in contract with client
- WIP/Cash management
- CTC Management
- Resource Scheduling
- P&L reporting
- Internal Cost Value Reports
- Forecasting across a portfolio of projects within an incentivisation model
- Change control (EW's and CE's) - Management within a Client driven database
- Delay and Disruption
- Applications for payment
- Risk and Opportunities management
- Driving profit improvement via the project teams.
- Supplier/Sub-Contractor management
- Working to deadlines
- Water Industry Experience
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
What the employer can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
How do you apply?
Please submit your CV or alternatively you can contact Ralph Preston in our Bristol office on 01173326633
If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies and contact you accordingly.