City of London, London
3 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor
London Office/Sites, some flexibility in working from home
£Competative Salary and Benefits
1st Step Solutions are seeking a qualified Senior Quantity Surveyor for a permanent position based in London with home working flexibility. Reporting directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor.
* Complete Commercial responsibility for the project.
* To ensure the project is executed in accordance with the project requirements and company standards.
* To ensure all persons comply with company, our clients and legislative requirements.
* To deliver the commercial aspects of the project continually and proficiently throughout its full project duration until final account agreement and final payment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead on developing and agreeing a target cost / lump sum for the contract.
* Lead on developing a validated budget to build.
* Administer the applicable contract in full and in the timescales required.
* Price submit and agree quotations for compensation events.
* Ensure positive cash flow on the project.
* Manage all sub-subcontracts.
* Produce detailed cost & sale report monthly.
* Create and regularly update costed risk & opportunity schedule.
* Set up and update revenue and cashflow forecast monthly.
* Ensure impact programmes are submitted with each quotation.
* Set up a template and utilise the information produced by the project team to produce an earned value analysis for labour.
* Meet with and maintain good professional relations with the clients QS.
* Adhere to and promote company processes and procedures.
* Minimum 3 years working as a Senior QS with clear career progression shown.
* Has managed contracts under NEC 3 & NR Contracts (NR3)
* Track record of delivering projects from start to final account.
* Degree qualification in quantity surveying.
* Extensive Tier 2 M&E Subcontractor experience.
* Capability to measure and price Mechanical, Electrical, Fire & Comms systems independently.