28 days ago
1st Step Solutions are looking for an Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager who can come in and build the department and back up the company's development with a strong infrastructure. Our client are M&E and Fit Out specialists that deliver super-prime new build residential properties across London.
Typical Duties :
* Validate tender following award of project with the Project Manager/Director.
* Assist in preparation of project tender and project requirements.
* Prepare cash flow by analysing the timing of billings and costs.
* Compile monthly reports in accordance with standard procedures.
* Where applicable, carry out site measures with Construction and Planning Teams in accordance with contractual procedures.
* Ensure timely submission of claims/notices in accordance with provisions of contract.
* Ensure that areas of concern are highlighted relating to contract costs, sales, and contribution.
* Ensure that you attend monthly commercial and subcontractor meetings.
* Draft pre- and post-contract correspondence in consultation with the Project Manager/Director.
* Identify if material purchases are scope or variation to the budget.
* Ensure control of client invoicing by submission of invoices and tracking of payment etc.
* Administer payments to subcontractors and suppliers by reviewing submissions in terms of their contracts.
* Liaise closely with the Financial Department on project reporting and financials.
* Resolve disputes in relation to client / subcontractor issues.
* Prepare reports on commercial and contractual issues for the Project and Commercial Directors.
* Monitor site procurement on receipt of regular reports.
Experience and qualifications:
* Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management.
* 5+ Years' experience in Quantity Surveying.
* Working towards chartership or professional Quantity Surveying Certification is desirable.
* Experience in large M&E projects essential.
* Industry experience in residential projects would be of benefit.
* Proven experience in a similar role, and capable of delivering exceptional M&E projects.
* Strong people manager skills.