£70000 - £85000 per annum + Travel
7 months ago
September / October
We have an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager working with a specialist M&E Contractor in Central London. The candidate can either be from an M&E background or a Construction background.
The business is currently turning over around £30 million across the group with projects ranging between £1 million - £8 million across the board. Projects are across Commercial, Retail, Residential, MOD and Healthcare.
This would be a great opportunity for the right candidate to step into a business and make something their own from a Commercial capacity.
* Negotiation of variations, calculations & settlement of final accounts
* Procurement of specialist Mechanical and Electrical Sub-Contractors
* Managing monthly project cost reports in time for monthly Directors meetings
* Preparation of cash-flow forecasts (internal and external)
* Cost Value reconciliations (CVRs) * Management of subcontractor accounts
* Preparation of monthly Project Valuations and preparation of Project Final Account
* Ensure suitable and sufficient records are being maintained to support the company in any dispute resolution
* Have a good working knowledge of construction contracts/sub-contracts - particularly JCT and NEC
Experience and qualifications
* Demonstrable experience within a similar role
* Qualified at degree level or working towards relevant industry qualifications
* A positive, proactive individual that works collaboratively with colleagues and the client team
* Good negotiation skills
* Good reporting and communication skills
Are you interested in stepping up into a senior role or even just a change of contractor? Please get in touch to discuss further.