City of London, London
27 days ago
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Reporting to: Nana Boss, Divisional Manager
Simon Gerrard, Executive Director
1st Step Solutions are currently looking for a skilled and motivated Recruitment Consultant to head up a fast-paced temp desk in its Central London office. The Construction division is a new branch of 1st Step and has been very successful in building a strong base of clients within the permanent sector. With the growth in the market and demand for Freelancing and Temporary professionals, we are now looking to increase the team with a confident and driven consultant.
Previous recruitment experience within the construction sector is preferred, although consideration will be given to people with a strong demonstrable track record within a contract recruitment environment. For those that have worked in recruitment, you'll appreciate that this team works primarily with main and sub-contractors and are not restricted by a VMS policy, so all recruitment is carried out by relationship building over the phone and more importantly - face to face.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Sales, Business Development & Marketing:
- contact prospective clients as well as maintain contact with 1st Step clients to secure their business;
- Face to face interaction with clients and candidates
- High volume of outbound and inbound calls
- Business development calls
- attract new clients through an organised cold calling/marketing campaign;
- build strong relationships with your clients and report on other possible business opportunities that fall outside your chosen sector;
- attend networking events and assist, where required, in organising 1st Step corporate events;
- understand your clients requirements as well as their work practices to ensure our services are supplied in line with expectations;
- work in conjunction with the Senior Management team in raising the positive profile of 1st Step Solutions Limited.
- register new candidates as and when required;
- Resourcing of professional and technical candidates
- utilise the existing database of candidates in line with the training you are given to fulfill client requests and ensure consistent recording of information;
- use and maintain the database in line with current processes and procedures and assist in the Internal Audit process to ensure on-going compliance;
- be aware of and work to our ISO 9001 policies and procedures relating to the Recruitment Services we provide;
- advertise and search for candidates by using all resources openly available to you in line with any assigned budgets;
- Conducting sites visits on an allocated day within your geographic area and across the UK
- Collaboration with the team to ensure our vacancies are fulfilled
- Working in a fast-paced environment with the authority of making quick decisions
- Identify potential key personnel from competitor agencies and report back to Senior Management in order to develop and grow the 1st Step team.
- General Office:
- answer incoming calls and deal with enquiries professionally and efficiently;
- be aware of all company policies and procedures relating to your work practices and position - these can be found on the company intranet;
- report projections/forecasts to Senior Management as and when requested;
- report statistics on daily, weekly & monthly performance against agreed targets.
- follow strict credit control procedures BEFORE placing candidates;
- work within agreed budgets on all areas of expenditure including personal;
- expenses, business travel, advertising, texting, mobile phone calls;
- work in accordance to agreed profit margins;
- review weekly cost centre GP to ensure 100% accuracy against client activity.
- To represent 1st Step Solutions with professionalism and integrity at all times
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation or would like to apply, please do not hesitate to contact myself on 07976430756 or at