Long Island, New York
£120000 - £180000 per annum
8 months ago
1st Step is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer with experience in building design, and/or highway, and/or marine design. We are working with the largest construction companies in Long Island area. If you are looking for a new opportunity and increase of salary, submit your resume today.
* Performs complex engineering tasks and particularly important engineering work efficiently and accurately.
* Extracts engineering information from CAD drawings.
* Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs
* Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower level Engineers working on the same project.
* Manage and review design efforts for alignments, drainage, utilities, grading, and traffic
* Prepare technical documents such as construction bid documents, technical specifications, and technical reports
* Bachelor's degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
* PE License is required
* 10+ years of related structural design experience required
* Proficient in using STAAD, SAP, AutoCad, or similar software is desirable
* Proficiency with finite element structural design software required
* Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm.