West End, London
19 days ago
Role: Site Manager | Construction
Start: May 2022
Duration: Long Term
The role of Site Manager, reports to the Construction Project Manager and is responsible for managing all aspects of a construction development site, ensuring the provision of safe, efficient and cost effective works at all times, while maintaining the highest quality of work and customer service are delivered within the given timescales.
* Manage the day to day running of the development and provide clear direction to those working on the construction site regarding their responsibilities and targets.
* Manage and implement health and safety procedures, working closely with Health and Safety Managers and ensure that that all aspects of health and safety are followed and adhered too.
* Motivate, support and manage agency and directly employed site staff, providing toolbox talks, training, coaching, and support as required to improve performance.
* Ensure site presentation is maintained at the correct standard at all times.
* Deliver all aspects of production requirements in strict accordance with relevant technical and planning documentation provided and any subsequent instructions that may be necessary from time to time.
* Fully conform to building regulations.
* Ensure accurate production/progress returns are updated and sent to the Construction Project Manager as requested.
* Ensure that adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to Site Managers reports, labour requirements, plant, materials, site inductions and health and safety records.
* Thoroughly inspect and ensure any remedial work is completed in advance of each key stage inspection.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
* Experience of working as a Construction Site Manager on refurbishment projects and listed buildings.
* Experience of effectively managing teams.
* Up to date knowledge of health and safety and building legislation.
* Client facing experience.
* CSCS card, ideally Site Manager level.
* SMSTS certificate.
* Construction Management - HNC Level 4, HND Level 5 or NVQ Level 6 is desirable.