27 days ago
Site Supervisor (Highways)
Start Date: (ASAP)
3 Month contract
Pay Rate: £16p/d PAYE + Holiday (Can be paid Ltd if required).
Your key responsibilities within this will include the following:
- Continual focus on operational gross margins of all work that you are delivering, from the pre-works planning stage, to on-site supervision. Through effective man-management you will always get the best from your teams. You will be empowered to take corrective action at any stage to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Undertake a pre-works assessment for all works received from the client or the Design Engineer, to establish labour, plant, material and specialist sub-contractor requirements for each works order. Establish a target scheme programme and monitor, review and hotcost progress.
- Monitor all works activities to ensure the programme remains on track, of the right quality and is being delivered in a safe manner. You'll also match resource needs to ensure the programme delivers on time and budget and provide regular updates on ASTA and Skanworks or any other specific systems.
- Update the gang resource on Skanworks daily
- Line-manage the gangs daily, setting work targets, undertaking PDRs and dealing with all issues that may arise with support from the Area Manager, deliver Monthly TBT and any safety briefing's that arise. Deliver communication plan as agreed in annual improvement imitative.'
- Marking up and setting out of works and costing of works on specific activities.
- Induct and brief the gangs on site as required to ensure time, quality and safety targets are communicated.
- Attend regular client area meetings to manage any issues and regular supervisor meetings to share good practice with the wider team to ensure consistency of delivery across all depots and to improve overall performance.
- Take ownership for safety and environmental compliance for your depot including visualisation and all relevant safety work and audits.
- Proactively, communicate, support IFE activities events & briefings including IFE campaigns
- Manage the delivery of and participate in the winter maintenance & OOH service.
- Mentor any Apprentice's we recruit
- Flexible in all types of work including covering other supervisors works.