New York, USA
16 days ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Westchester, NY
1st Step is partnering with a multi-disciplinary architectural, engineering, environmental consulting and design firm that is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer in their Westchester Office to join a growing team! This position will include a focus on the design of HVAC systems for small and large projects including industrial buildings, schools, firehouses and commercial buildings.
Our client is looking for a Sr. Mechanical Engineer with 8+ years' experience in a consulting engineering firm designing heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. In this role, you will work with other MEP engineers as part of a multi-disciplined design team. Working with architects, civil engineers, and environmental scientists, you will be executing mechanical engineering design work for both public and private clients. You will also coordinate the efforts of both in-house and outside teams who handle equipment selection, layout design, load calculations and specifications.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic go-getter who is just as comfortable managing the work as they are interfacing with clients and helping us build our business. As a part of the team, you will have the support of their 400+ staff to help you succeed in all aspects of your work. Being passionate about work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our 85 plus year legacy. They emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment.
* Project supervision and coordination with other engineering and architecture departments within the firm.
* Preparation of construction drawings and specifications for public and private bidding.
* Relationship building and communication directly with clients in support and coordination of all project activities.
* Technical leadership, production and scheduling, quality control and cost proposals.
* Responsible for the on-time, on budget and high-quality technical delivery of all project requirements.
* Business development initiatives relating to getting new clients.
* Management of junior level staff.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline.
* Approximately 8 to 15 years of HVAC design experience and at least 5 years of project management experience in a consulting environment.
* Experience with municipalities, government agencies a plus.
* Strong technical leadership and management skills.
* Ability to mentor junior level staff.
* Strong client relationship building skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Professional Engineer license required.