Los Angeles, California
US$140000 - US$150000 per annum
7 months ago
Los Angeles, CA
The On-site Superintendent is responsible for general administration and management of construction sites and work crews. Will be responsible for safety and performance requirements, client relationships, project timelines and established budgets, scheduling, and quality control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
* Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
* Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
* CREATES and maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
* RESPONSIBLE for Take-offs: Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
* Understands the project plans, specifications
* Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
* Prepares schedules and supervises completion of a final punch list.
* Tracks change orders, submits RFIs, daily wrap-ups, etc
* Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
* Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
* Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
* Maintaining safe, clean job sites and overall work areas; performing thorough walkthroughs
* Bringing problems to attention of Safety Director or HR Manager as needed
* Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
* 2-3 years of Superintendent experience leading crew/team required
* Bilingual preferred but not required
* Familiarity with construction process, safety procedures, construction materials and methods
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written instructions, drawings, specifications, and blueprints required
* Education (High Diploma or bachelor's degree) background in Construction Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred but not required
* Strong leadership and proven supervisory skills
* CPR First Aid training and certification preferred
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent project management skills
* Computer literate with proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel and Word