New York, USA
5 months ago
New York, NY
1ST Step is proud to be working with one of the most reputable general contractors in the New York area. This contractor is involved with both interior and ground-up projects throughout the Tri-State area. They have a strong client base in the Corporate Office, Residential, Hospitality, Retail, Educational and Healthcare markets.
This leading General Contractor is seeking an Interior Superintendent for their New York office. A Superintendent helps to consistently deliver projects on time and on budget. Superintendents are critical to the success of the project team and are directly responsible for the supervision, coordination, scheduling, and control of all field activities of Subcontractors and suppliers. They oversee project safety and quality control programs in the field, ensuring that the project is constructed as specified and according to state and federal regulations.
* Consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and exceed clients' expectations. Ensures that all projects are completed by the highest standard.
* On-site supervision of Subcontractors
* Attend pre-construction meeting with client, architect and mall tenant coordinator. Develop comprehensive project strategy of execution to meet scheduling, logistics, and inspection milestones while meeting all rules and regulations. Identify and address issues of constructability or lack of scope
* Minimize delays through collaborating with Project Manager at the onset of construction, work with Project Manager to review Subcontractor's scopes and schedule
* Assure Quality Control throughout the duration of the project
* Responsible for and must be present for all building inspections
* As the Jobsite Safety Manager, oversees all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, eliminate accidents, and ensure a clean, safe and secure work environment
* 5-10 years construction experience
* NYC DOB (Preferred)
* Experienced in managing Commercial Interior projects ranging from 5M-20M
* Extensive knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
* Proven track record of meeting deadlines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* OSHA 30