£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Supply Chain Procurement Manager
£50,000 - £60,000
1st Step are working alongside a leading Civil Engineering and Highways contractor based in Essex who are looking for a Supply Chain Procurement Manager to join their established team.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience within the Construction or Civils Procurement sector.
* Lead on the development and implementation of a company procurement strategy.
* Full accountability to deliver the procurement input required on pre-qualifications and tenders.
* Assist with the on-going coaching, mentoring, training and development of team members.
* Working closely with the Commercial and Operations management, lead on the development and on-going review of Sub-Contracts.
* Compile, manage and send out tender sub-contract, supply chain and materials enquiries for assessment by the Bid team.
* Audit procurement activity on sites to ensure proper use of term orders and that all relevant processes and strategies are being met and adhered to.
* Producing commercial proposals on tender submissions.
* Liaise with site management on both sub-contract and materials procurement.
* Contribute to the effective and sustainable management of the company's supply chain.
* Significant experience within Construction or Civils procurement.
* Excellent contract management skills.
* Prior experience with creating, implementing and developing procurement strategies, procedures and frameworks.
* Excellent all-round procurement experience, be commercially astute and knowledgeable about the construction market.
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Kip on 07849 847 698 or