City of London, London
£17000 - £25000 per annum + Training
3 months ago
My client is looking for 2x Trainees to join the Engineering team to start as a Trainee CAD Operator
( one Electrical - one Mechanical )
Suitable candidates will either be from a Trades background, or a Uni leaver who has obtained qualification in the Building services industry, you do not necessarily have to come from an M&E Engineering background. Knowledge of Revit is desired.
You should have an understanding / hands on experience with Revit, AutoCAD and have a general drafting ability, be a good team player who has strong communication skills. Have a general interest in the Building Service industry with a willingness to learn and undertake further academic qualifications
- Preparation of layout drawing
- Working to engineers requirement
- Office duties eg, the collection of prints, etc
- Working job/programme times to suit engineers
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the Company QA procedures
- Attend day release at college to undertake training in order to obtain the qualification of BTEC National Certificate in Building Services ( Electrical Installation ) - ( Mechanical Installation )
The salary is quite broad as it will depend on what experience you can bring to the team.
£17,000 - £19,000 will be a candidate who has no or little experience with Revit. The business will put you through a 2-3 year development course to ensure you are suitably qualified at the end of it.
Salaries at £19,000 - £22,000 will be graduates, ideally who have an engineering qualification but not essential. We will also consider candidates with little experience under two years of Revit and depending on experience will depend on what salary is offered.
Above £22k we will be looking at either an exceptional candidate with over 2 years' experience with Revit and who can positively contribute in supporting the team in moving toward using Revit.
Personally I feel this is a great opportunity for the right person to join a well established team of professionals who have a proven record of bringing on trainees and keeping them with the company.