£6000 Car allowance + Pension
3 months ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for a MEP Project Manager to be based in the Bristol area. Our client is one of the leading Mechanical and Electrical Contractors who have a strong presence across the whole of the UK and our trying to re-establish their name in the South West of England. They have an exciting portfolio of engineering projects across the new build and refurbishment of commercial buildings, mixed use developments, listed buildings, education, retail parks and healthcare. 2019 is planning to be an exciting time for this contractor with plans to build a new team in the South West of England as they see this area as a hotbed for construction over the next few years and are already tendering and winning several key projects in the Bristol and surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and technical minded MEP Project Manager who has a solid and stable engineering career history and has worked for reputable contractors starting and completing projects. MEP Project Manager with experience of a wide range of projects will be seriously considered for this role. They are keen to see MEP Project Manager who have a track record of delivering successful projects in a mechanical and electrical sub-contracting environment and who are driven, have a team player attitude, has a hands-on attitude to site activities, focused and who enjoy solving all their client's technical issues.
MEP Project Manager Duties:
Reporting to the Operation Manager to implement and deliver projects according to the budget, timescales and quality assurance in line with the client's plan. The MEP Project Manager will be required to take ownership on delivery off several multi-million-pound projects. The initial project will be an £10m mixed used development in Bristol and you will be responsible for delivering on time and on budget
* Strong technical awareness of mechanical and electrical services
* Proven track record of delivering large scale projects especially in the Education, Commercial and healthcare sector
* Ability to work to a tight programme and ensuring deadlines and scheduled handover dates are met.
* Experience of delivering projects with average values between £3m - £12m
* Ideally with a Trade; Plumbing / Pipefitter, or Electrician background
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experience of coordinating the site construction, commissioning and handover activities of Mechanical and Electrical projects.
* Review M&E design documentation to ensure compliance with client's specifications and relevant standards
* Work with the planner to produce short term and long-term programmes
* Evaluate and compare quotations and technical proposals
* Produce commissioning plans and supervisor commissioning activities and handover
* Lead M&E disciplines on behalf of the site-based team in co-ordination / management of M&E construction activities
MEP Project Managers with stable work backgrounds with good access to the Bristol area are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for MEP Project Engineers, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622