New York, USA
2 months ago
Position - Senior Estimator
Sector - Commercial Interiors, Core & Shell
Location - New York City, NY, US
Salary - Negotiable
1st Step has been retained by one of the fastest growing Development Management Service firms in New York. The company specialise in providing full execution capability in the development of real estate for both Developers, Owners and Corporate clients. They are currently looking for an experience Senior Estimator with strong experience working on large interiors as well as core & shell projects to join the team.
The ideal candidate should have experience working for a leading General Contractor in New York.
- Conduct construction estimating, budgeting and bidding for assigned projects.
- Interact with the architects, clients, business development and operations staff to ensure a clear understanding of project objectives, schedules and other information.
- Develop hard bids or negotiated work pricing proposals in response to specific proposal requests. Obtain all needed cost information from reliable subcontractors and material suppliers to meet project requirements.
- Maintains contact with subcontractors to ensure ample supply of subcontractors and materials for upcoming projects
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
But not limited to:
- Review plans and architectural drawings; prepare quantity take-offs on assigned projects.
- For negotiated work, ensure a complete review of plans and drawings. Identify items that have been omitted and ensure appropriate accounting for such items in overall estimate package that represents the full scope of the project.
- Solicit subcontractor bids for assigned projects. Obtain 3-5 bids for each trade and supplier group. Review and analyze bids for conformance to project specifications, price, material quality, insurance, wages, and related items. Discusses and resolves any questions with subcontractor prior to submission of final estimate.
- Follow approved estimating practices consistent with corporate guidelines. Ensure such practices result in the most complete estimates possible while ensuring the financial objectives are met.
- Utilizes appropriate software programs to calculate, record and track estimates. Maintains skills at utilizing appropriate software to provide optimal job performance.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Engineering or Management or equivalent work experience is required
- 10+ years of general construction estimating experience in interiors or core & shell projects.
- Well-developed estimating, communications, financial analysis, budgeting, purchasing, negotiation and computer skills are required.
If this is something that would be of interest, please contact Alex Cena on either 6468593077 or 6467817254