£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
22 days ago
1st Step Solutions are recruiting a Business Development Manager, initially in the residential sector and will be reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Our client would like to obtain orders for circa £2-3m for utility cupboards (approx. 800-1200 units per annum), however other sectors such as health, custodial and data centres are also appealing.
We need to find someone with a pipeline, MEP contacts, based in the Midlands or South with a track record for winning this type of business within the MEP Construction sector.
Job Purpose :
* As a Business Development Manager, you'll identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
* Your work can involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or enhancing the operation of the business, position or reputation within the industry.
* Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets.
* Seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation.
* Generate leads and cold call prospective customers.
* Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone.
* Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients.
* Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these.
* Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
* Work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to support operational changes.
* Have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them.
* Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the director.
* Liaise with the finance team, estimating and production departments as appropriate
* Seek ways of improving the way the business operates.
* Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate.
* Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
* Create a sales pipeline.
* Negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases.
* Increase sales of the business.
* Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management/the board of directors.
* Develop the business sales and marketing strategy.
Technical Skills / Knowledge / Person Specification:
* Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets.
* An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates.
* Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients.
* Written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills.
* IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets.
* Team working skills and a collaborative approach to work.
* Decision-making skills.
* The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload.
* Project management and organisational skills.
* The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals.
* Negotiating skills.
* The ability to think strategically.
* The ability to analyse sales figures and write reports.
* A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
* Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
* Ability to assist and offer advice in the tendering and estimating process.
* Management experience of installations.
* Have appropriate building service industry experience with particular relevance to plant rooms and mechanical systems.
* Knowledge of construction contracts and procedures.
* An Engineering qualification.
* Good communication, motivational and management skills.
* Ability to interpret specifications and drawings.