9 months ago
Due to continued growth, our client has an exciting opportunity for a Document Controller to join their business on a permanent basis.
We are looking for candidates that are keen to develop their career within a growing organisation, who are bright, enthusiastic and are looking for a challenge.
- Experience of working with various EDMS systems i.e. Viewpoint Aconex or BIW.
- Experience of working in the industry with Basic understanding of construction documents.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office: Word and Excel (minim intermediate user).
- Computer Literacy.
- Experience working with various file types.
- Assisting Site Team to ensure accurate distribution of information within project deadlines.
- Ensuring project filing system is set up and maintained in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintaining project registers and trackers.
- Ensuring design information (drawings and technical specifications etc.) is up to date and released to the site team and subcontractors via project notifications.
- Controlling incoming /outgoing correspondence and information.
- Archiving superseded drawings and documents in line with Company procedures.
- Receiving/ checking and distributing documents in accordance with project procedures.
- Ensuring all project documentation is loaded to the project drive and is accessible to project team.
- Maintaining updated hard copy master file of all project documentation, including drawings.
- Providing / confirming availability of relevant documents as identified in the Contract for designers.
- Ensuring all documents are uploaded onto the main contractors/clients document management system in accordance with their specified protocols.
- Ensure all documents are uploaded and maintained up to date onto the internal document management system (Viewpoint) in accordance with specified protocols.
- Setting up and maintenance of the company Field View snagging system for their specific project and assist site team with resolution to any queries issues arising from this system.
- Ensuring the use of standardised forms and templates.
- Monitoring technical & design documents review and approval process in accordance with agreed schedule.
- Controlling the numbering, filing and sorting of project documentation.
- Liaising with site team for producing monthly progress report -internally and externally.
- Liaising with the site team for the production of the O&M and handover information.
- Assisting the site team with implementing the use of Fieldview and Viewpoint.
- General management of the site office to ensure tidiness, efficient set up, etc.
- Act as central liaison for site IT issues and set up of site infrastructure.
- Ordering stationary and office supplies.
- Issuing weekly internal and external H&S returns (internal to our head office and external to the main contractor).
- Managing the hand scanner on site (registering new people, removing leavers from the system, adding operatives CSCS card details).
- Maintaining the site notice board (making sure all the latest notices and trackers are displayed).
- Scanning and saving delivering notes.
- Other site related duties as may be outlined to you from time to time.