Brooklyn, New York
2 months ago
Position: Mill Work Estimator
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Salary: $90,000 - 105,000
1st Step is working with a reputable contractor that works with high end retail mill work. They are looking for an experienced estimator that has experience with wood and metal.
The Cost Estimator works collaboratively across various departments across the company to support the bidding process by development and preparation of cost estimates for projects or services as assigned. This position reports directly to the Estimating Manager and will follow the standardized procedures, methods and processes for estimating that have been established. Coordinate overall estimates and proposals in conjunction with the assigned capture-team and present periodic and final submittals as assigned.
* Review of architectural drawings and specifications for potential projects.
* Develop accurate scopes of work & budgets with minimal information.
* Generate alternative materials and construction methods to complete the estimates.
* Estimating take-offs.
* Generate SK through either Cabinet Vision or hand drafting of required parts to be priced or fabricated by sub-contractors
* Pre-submission review of proposals
* Audit all material take-offs and pricing
* Audit full scope review of project
* Compare subcontractor bids to bid documents and plans to ensure that Corporate Interiors meets the requirements of the project.
Job Type: Full-time