£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Manage the regional electrical design team - M&E Contractor - London
One of the UK's leading independent building services contractors is looking for an experienced and confident electrical design engineer to join their London team and lead the electrical design offer, working on a variety of projects, construction-side, responsible for the creation, adaption and implementation of electrical building services designs.
The position will enable you to use your technical knowledge of MEP design to develop the design offer within the company, having a real impact on the direction of the team and driving forward the company as a whole. Ideally suited to someone with a strong technical grounding in electrical design and a confident, outgoing personality and a desire to take on a role involving more than just producing designs and delivering projects.
You will spend a lot of your time in front of clients, as the face of the company for design-related aspects of projects, and your future will open up opportunities for progression into roles with company-wide responsibility. You will need to be commercially aware and adept at "firefighting" and sometimes having difficult conversations.
Your days will be varied and fast-paced, in an environment where quick-thinking, working under pressure and balancing multiple stakeholders' needs against the capabilities of your team and the wider firm will be essential. Day to day duties, depending on the day, could include:
* Representing the design team within the company to best serve its needs
* Representing the firm from a design perspective to clients, sub-contractors and other involved parties on various projects
* Producing electrical designs and/or checking and signing off designs produced by subconsultants
* Researching and sourcing the equipment which best fulfills the needs of designs while finding budget savings
* Managing the design offer of individual projects in terms of man-hours and cost
* Managing your own resources and those of your team against the requirements of many and varied projects
* Mentoring and helping develop design engineers within your team
This is a unique opportunity which could be exactly what you are looking for to develop your career into interesting areas.
If you have the relevant experience and are interested in the senior electrical design engineer position, please apply or contact John Sanger at 1st Step Solutions for more information.