5 months ago
1st Step currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Plant Movement Appointed Person to join a large M&E Contractor in their plant movement division. The project is expected to last for an approximately 6 months in South West London, with the potential of moving onto further projects across London.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Plant Movement Appointed Person:
- Responsible for the writing, implementation and management of lifting plans and activities.
- Must have the ability to liaise with the Main Contractors lifting department and attending lifting meetings when required.
- Attend site on a weekly basis to assess current lifting operations are being carried out in accordance to the lift plan.
- Review any lift plans being submitted by sub-contractors.
- Attend weekly meetings with the 3 senior team members on current and planned lifting operations.
- Oversee the lifting operations to ensure they are being managed correctly by site teams.
- Work with the lift supervisor if amendments are required on the lifting method.
- CPCS A61 (minimum of 5 years experience)