New York, USA
about 1 month ago
New York, NY
1st Step is partnering with a client who is a leading construction services firm offering a unique combination of construction expertise. Ranked among New York City's Top 100 Contractors and among the nation's Top 400 firms, our client is recognized as an award-winning construction manager involved in both new construction and restoration of residential, cultural, and public sector projects ranging from public housing and new luxury residential high-rises to adaptive re-use of industrial buildings. Our client is also active in the field of health and continued care, marine, and educational facilities. Other areas of construction include commercial offices, retail/hospitality, and transportation.
- The ideal candidate is an experienced manager with 5+ years' experience, with the proven ability to lead, motivate, and inspire personnel while overseeing projects that range from $1 million to $100+ million.
- Preconstruction process to include site surveys/site walks and subcontractor selection and preparation of client proposals.
- Management of projects from initial client contact and proposal phases, hand-off to the field superintendents and foremen, through project close-out and punch lists.
- Developing/tracking project budgets to include all costs for labor, materials, and subcontractors. * On-site relations with client, facility representatives, subcontractors, and city officials.
- Submittals and approval of all subcontracts and change orders. * Ensure that construction activities move according to pre-determined schedule.
- Ensure project documents are complete and answer all questions in a timely fashion. Willingness to travel to and across the construction sites.
-Candidates must be proficient with computers and familiar with Microsoft Office & QuickBooks. Minimum 5 years of HVAC commercial project management experience required with references; no exceptions. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- OSHA 30 Hour training *
- Knowledge of Corporate Safety Program
- Knowledge of CPM schedule *
- Knowledge of anticipated cost reports and requisition process * *Knowledge of corporate quality program *
- Knowledge of subcontract language *
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization * *Excellent oral communication skills * *Knowledge of computers and Microsoft working environment Benefits: *