Car Allowance + Pension + Medical cover
27 days ago
1st Step Solutions have a great opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer to be based in the Bristol area. Our client is one of the leading Mechanical and Electrical Contractors who have a strong presence across the whole of the UK and our trying to re-establish their name in the South West of England.
They have an exciting portfolio of engineering projects across the new build and refurbishment of commercial buildings, mixed use developments, listed buildings, education, retail parks and health care. 2019 is planning to be an exciting time for this contractor with plans to build a new team in the South West of England as they see this area as a hotbed for construction over the next few years and are already tendering and winning several key projects in the Bristol and surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and technical minded Senior Mechanical Project Engineer who has a solid and stable engineering career history and has worked for reputable contractors starting and completing projects. Senior Mechanical Project Engineers with experience of a wide range of projects will be seriously considered for this role. They are keen to see Senior Mechanical Project Engineers who have a track record of delivering successful projects in a mechanical sub-contracting environment and who are driven, focused and who enjoy solving all their client's technical issues.
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer Duties:
Reporting to the Project Manager to implement and deliver projects according to the budget, timescales and quality assurance in line with the client's plan. The Senior Mechanical Project Engineer will be required to take ownership and have joint responsibility with the Project Manager on delivery off all mechanical aspects such as mechanical installations, mechanical plant, plumbing, public health, drainage, air conditioning, heating and ventilation on several multi-million-pound projects. The Senior Mechanical Project Engineer will also work closely with the Senior Electrical Project Engineer
* Strong technical awareness of mechanical services
* Proven track record of delivering large scale projects especially in the Education, Commercial and health care sector
* Ability to work to a tight programme and ensuring deadlines and scheduled handover dates are met.
* Experience of delivering projects
* Ideally with a Trade; Plumbing / Pipefitter background Current,
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experience of coordinating the site construction, commissioning and handover activities of Mechanical and Electrical projects.
* Review M&E design documentation to ensure compliance with client's specifications and relevant standards
* Work with the planner to produce short term and long-term programmes
* Evaluate and compare quotations and technical proposals
* Produce commissioning plans and supervisor commissioning activities and handover
* Lead M&E disciplines on behalf of the site-based team in co-ordination / management of M&E construction activities
Senior Mechanical Project Engineer with stable work backgrounds with good access to the Bristol area are encouraged to apply for this role. If you would like more information on this vacancy or would like a confidential discussion regarding other opportunities which we have for Senior Mechanical Project Engineers, please forward a current CV or give me a call on 07976 430 771 or 0207 760 7622