City of London, London
3 months ago
Position - Structural Engineer/ Design Engineer
Sector - Curtain Walling Contractor
Location - London, Central London, Home Counties
Salary - Negotiable
My client is one of the leading curtain walling contractors in the UK and business is going strong in the London market currently. As a result, they are looking for 2 additional senior level professionals to provide leadership on projects and continue to grow the business with both new and existing clients. This is an exciting opportunity where you will work on a wide variety of projects. With this growing team, professional growth and development opportunities are also available for you.
In this role, you will conduct investigations for design and repair of existing building enclosure systems primarily with building curtain wall.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate on and lead teams in the performance of building diagnostics projects that include, but are not limited to, building enclosure assessments, curtain walling, roofing, façade, waterproofing, litigation support, field testing, and distress studies.
- Perform and/or direct field investigations, including moisture intrusion, non-destructive testing and fenestration/façade testing
- Develop and review design construction documents related to roof replacement, building enclosure refurbishment, glazed assembly replacement, and associated building enclosure remediation work.
- Provide peer review of construction documents, protocols, Scopes of Work, and other similar documents associated with building envelope design and repair/restoration.
- Work closely with project teams and clients in developing construction documents (e.g.: plans, sections, details, technical specifications) related to building envelope assemblies.
- Perform all technical tasks related to Building Enclosure Commissioning.
- Prepare and review technical reports, develop technical presentations, and participate in the development of other technical content in conformance with Terracon's quality and professional standards and policies.
- Participate in business development including establishing new clients, furthering relationships with existing clients, participating in professional organizations, and actively participating in the implementation of marketing strategies.
- Manage or consult on complex building enclosure/facility projects providing leadership and expertise to internal and external project teams.
- Project management including establishing project teams, objectives, schedules, project-specific safety plans, and management of project deliverables.
- Develop scopes of service, establish project budgets, prepare proposals, and participate in client presentations.
- Supervise and mentor other project professionals
- Actively participate in technical and professional associations.
- Play a leadership role in Terracon's market for building enclosure consulting and testing services group.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in building enclosure design, review and assessments.
- BS. in Civil Engineering, B.S. in Architectural Engineering, or Bachelor of Architecture in Building Science/Building Enclosures/Historic Preservation.
- IStructE, Ceng
- Expertise in building enclosure systems, including one or more of the following: roofing, wall claddings, glazed assemblies, waterproofing, hygrothermal modeling, and building enclosure diagnostic testing. Must have a working knowledge of basic structural systems.
- Experience in building enclosure restoration and consulting involving managing bulk water, water vapor transmission, air leakage, and thermal transmission.
- Experience working on elevated work platforms and walking surfaces including ground supported and suspended scaffolding as well as aerial boom and scissor lifts associated with access of mid- to high-rise building facades and roofs.
About the Benefits:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company within the industry and will provide the opportunity propel your career, gaining invaluable exposure to many prestigious projects.
- Competitive salary + Package
- Health-care + Pension
- Career development
- 20 days+ holidays
If this is something that would be of interest, please contact Alex Cena on either or 07976430926